Sunday, October 21, 2007

Virginia conquers the Baltimore Marathon!


Post marathon...what running beauties!


"What am I doing?...Where is that finish line?"



Watch carefully...watch for the woman shuffling her feet...aka Virginia at mile 26.


So...I finally did it. I've been saying I've wanted to run a marathon for a long time, but never have until Oct. 13, 2007. Thanks to my running buddy, Lauren, I crossed the finish line of the Baltimore Marathon. Yes...I actually ran...or should I say shuffled 26.2 miles. The Lord blessed the day richly with beautiful weather, an awesome running route and a great run. My theme verse was Psalm 73:26, "My heart and my flesh may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." So, on to the next challenge. Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Dirks October 22, 2007 at 10:01 AM  

Congratulations Virginia... I am so inspired!

lauren October 22, 2007 at 3:47 PM  

you did it! i am so proud! major congrats! any chance yall are up for camping the weekend of Nov 17th?

The Vickerys October 25, 2007 at 5:00 PM  

you are my hero!!! way to go!

Tucker Family November 8, 2007 at 4:30 PM  

YEAH VIRGINIA!!! We are so proud of you!!!

Mary November 16, 2007 at 2:30 PM  

marriage to my brother?

Tim and Katie December 7, 2007 at 2:10 PM  

great job virginia! next challege, get Dan to run one with you...

-tim

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP